Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aliens, a semi-truck, and a girl I used to work with.

The dream.

I'm watching television in the house I grew up in, back in NH. There are videos of UFO's flying all over the place. One of them crash lands in Denver, taking out the entire freaking city. It's all very strange how the spaceships are flying all over, some of them synchronized, others helter-skelter, all over the place. I decide, in my dream, to go to bed.

I wake up and there is an alien, a very small alien, grabbing me by my foot. He wants me to come with him to his spaceship. I'm not agreeing with him very much, so I kick him and he runs for the open window through which he came. I chase him towards the window and realize it is day light, probably 4pm. What the heck is an alien doing trying to abduct me at 4pm?

The alien jumps out my window, runs across the roof of my parents house, and starts to get sucked upwards by his little UFO. I grab a snowball off the roof (which was covered in snow for some reason) and throw it at the alien, hitting it in the butt. It makes that noise a bullfrog makes when you catch it. If you've ever caught a bullfrog, you know what noise I'm talking about.

The alien escapes in his spaceship, and I decide to head downstairs, ultimately heading for the front door of the house. When I get outside, I see my dad working on a semi-truck, a gigantic black one. He's rotating the tires and checking the oil, as well as doing other stuff only my dad knows how to do. I walk up to him and say "An alien just showed up in my room. I think it wanted to abduct me". He looks at me and says "Yeah, I've seen UFO's flying all over the sky this afternoon". I look up and see dozens of ships shooting all over the place, going bananas. I think in my dream I watched this happen for about 30 minutes.

I end up in a city (I don't know which one), and walk towards a building. Inside the walls are a deep purple and the floor is really really dark green. I see some people standing around, one of them being this girl I used to work with at Urban Outfitters. I come to find out that the aliens that are flying around in the sky are looking for Quaker Instant Oatmeal, the kind with the magic dinosaurs inside. No, I'm not kidding. They wanted all the magic dinosaurs for some reason.

There's a woman who claims to be a captain. I don't know what she is supposed to be the captain of, but she says she's the captain, and I agree with her. She says she needs to fly a ship full of those little magic dinosaurs to some other ship, where she will then drop those magic dinosaurs and everything will be fine. Somehow, the girl I used to work with and I are in charge of finding the magic dinosaurs in the boxes of Quaker Oatmeal, getting them out, and delivering them to the captain. So we walk out of the building with the purple walls and dark green carpets hand in hand to the grocery store across the street.

The end.

No, I have never done acid or X. Please stop asking.

1 comment:

Jesstor said...

of course you worked at urban outfitters. why wouldn't you.

btw, when someone tells you he or she is a captain, you just don't argue. good thing you agreed with her. she might have destroyed you if you second-guessed her.