I had a roommate when I first moved out here named David. He's a great guy. I lived with him for a year and a half, and we had some great times. Anyway, somehow he made his way into my dream last night. There was a lot of stuff going on before David came in, but I'm going to do the part with him because it's the only part I remember.
I'm on an island, and it's sunset. I'm swinging in a hammock and on the horizon, I see mountains for some reason. Nothing too crazy, the ocean and the mountains, visible from the island I'm hanging out on.
Enter David. I see Dave walk towards me and ask me if I want to go over to those mountains. I look towards the mountains and see that they are now ON FIRE. The mountains are on fire. Ridiculous.
...that's it. That's the whole dream that I remember. David shows up, the mountains burst into flames. Retarded.
I guess that's all I've got for dreams kids.
Tonight we'll see what happens. Just so you know, I'm going deeper into my Bible, and trying to get my relationship with the Lord a little more solid. Trying to tune my ears to what He has to say to me. I've been really sick and tired of living life on the edge of committing to God.
Living lukewarm = bad idea. Don't believe me?
I lived my life for the past 7 months since kamp got out struggling with a desire for pornography, drinking, and trying to discover who I was in Christ. What was I supposed to do? How could I stay motivated with my music, the thing I was CERTAIN when kamp ended was supposed to be my calling?
I finally see that I need to be in God's word, so His word can live in me.
It's a living word.
It's given me new life.
Two weeks. For the last two weeks I've been digging in, memorizing scripture, talking more openly about my life as a follower of Christ with my Christian friends and my friends who have a harder time understanding my joy.
I started tithing.
I asked God to change my heart, to fix me from the inside out. He's doing it.
Just thought I'd let you know! Ha! I'm as joyful as I could be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment